What do I do if I start having COVID-19 symptoms or find out someone I was exposed to tested positive for COVID-19? 
Do not come to work, notify your supervisor and complete a self-reporting eForm (Employee Self-Reporting Form).  The eForm should be completed if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, have had known close contact with a person who believes he/she may have COVID-19 or is being tested for COVID-19, or are exhibiting any signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19. 

You will be contacted by Human Resources and guided through the return to campus process.  Human Resources will notify you of when you may return to campus.   Remember when you return to campus; please continue to conduct a daily self-assessment (COVID-19 Daily Self-Assessment).

Can I telecommute?  If so, what is required? 
Not all positions or departments can telecommute.  You must obtain approval from your supervisor before you can telecommute.  Employees that have been approved must submit telecommute eForms.  Telecommute eForms must be resubmitted if telecommuting is extended.  Employees may not telecommute without an approved telecommute eForm.

Will I be required to wear face coverings in the workplace? Do I have to wear one if I do not want to?
No, face coverings are not required but are strongly encouraged.  Please continue to follow all other preventive personal safety practices as outlined in our return to campus plan. 

If I am not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, do not have an underlying health condition and have not been exposed to someone with COVID-19, will I be required to undergo health screenings including temperature checks before returning to campus?
Generally no.  At this time, Central Texas College is not conducting health screenings or temperature checks of all employees prior to work on campus.  A few areas such as the Gym perform temperature checks upon entry. The College, in accordance with CDC guidelines, reserves its right to modify or change its policy at any point.

What can I do if I feel that employees/managers are engaging in unsafe practices in the workplace?
Please report your concerns to your supervisor or department head or to the Risk Management Office by calling (254) 501-3028.

What can I do if I suspect that a co-worker is ill and is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms but does not want to go home?
You should immediately notify your supervisor or the suspected ill employee’s manager that the individual does not appear to be well.  The supervisor will contact Jackie Thomas at (254) 526-1391 and send the ill employee home. 

What do I do if I have a medical condition and do not feel comfortable working onsite?  
Please contact Human Resources:  Jackie Thomas at, (254) 526-1391 or Shelly Gonsalves at, (254) 526-1304.  
HR will ask the employee to provide medical certification that informs CTC of any work restrictions and the duration of the restriction.  HR will work with the supervisor to determine if the employee’s schedule can be modified.  
Are there any restrictions on CTC or personal travel?
No.  Employees are advised to follow published travel and quarantine restrictions of the destination and airlines along with their safety protocols.
Questions should be directed to HR at
Are visitors allowed on Campus?
Do I need to fill out the Employee Self Reporting Form, if my answer to all the COVID-19 questions on the eForm is No?

No. Only fill out the form if you are having COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone who tested positive.  The COVID-19 symptoms are cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, unexplained muscle pain, unexplained headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, unexplained diarrhea, feeling feverish or a measured temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or greater.   Please refer to daily self-assessment checklist (COVID-19 Daily Self-Assessment).  

What do I do if I have a valid health condition or serious illness/injury that places me at greater risk of serious illness if I contract COVID-19?
If your supervisor indicates that you can fulfill all of your essential job functions remotely, remote work may be available.  Upon verification from your health care provider, an accommodation may be granted allowing you to work remotely.   If remote work is not available due to the type of work you perform, please contact Jackie Thomas at or (254) 526-1391. An employee who requires a reasonable accommodation is required to inform their supervisor and EEO Coordinator, Jackie Thomas of the need for an accommodation.